After the two groups of Silver Saints had failed to kill the Bronze Saints, take back the Gold Cloth and kidnap Saori Kido. The Grand Pope felt he had to send a Gold Saint to Japan to finish it all. The one he sent was Leo Aiolia, the brother of the traitor Sagittarius Aiolos. The Grand Pope didn't trust him completely so he sent three Silver Saints to keep tabs on him. It turned out they were true about their suspicions, since Aiolia saw no honor in fighting an injured foe. So as the Gold Saint didn't finish off neither Pegasus Seiya or Ophiuchus Shaina, the three Silver Saints made their entrance.Sirius was the first one to reveal himself with Hercules Algethi and Musca Dio behind him. Sirius immediately accused Aiolia of being soft, and seeing as he was the brother of a traitor, the Grand Pope had told them to keep an eye on Aiolia. The Gold Saint responded that he would finish his mission, and said that they should return to Sanctuary. Yet they did not trust him and Algethi took Seiya by surprise and attacked the Bronze Saint. But the attack was interrupted in mid-air by Dio who wanted a piece of Seiya and thus used his own attack on him. But his attack was also interrupted, this time by Sirius who said they should compete for the final blow. Thus Algethi threw him up in the air once more and the three Silver Saints prepared to finish him off the fastest they could. But suddenly Seiya disappeared, he was taken in by the Sagittarius Gold Cloth and defeated the Silver Saints in an instant.
Chronology (OAVs Hades)In the Hades arc adaptation in the Anime, Sirius was resurrected by Hades. With both Algethi and Dio he set out to Japan for Andromeda Shun.
In the ensuing battle, Sirius used for the first and only time his "Great Mountain Smasher" attack to hit Shun, until the Andromeda Saint equipped his Cloth and easily defeated the trio of resurrected Saints. Them, in their dying words they commented how powerful the Bronze Saints had become.
Cloth & Name
- Sirius' Silver Cloth represents the constellation Canis Major (The Great Dog), and is depicted as a standing dog. The anime version differs slightly from the original to small details and the addition of foot armor.
- Masami Kurumada named him Sirius after the brightest star on the nightsky located in the constellation Canis Major, the star Sirius
- In the Hades Arc adaptation in the anime, his voice was provided by a Japanese pro-wrestler, who is a friend of Masami Kurumada
- Although Sirius' resurrection was clearly depicted in the anime adaptation as a minor addition to the manga plot, Kurumada only hinted it in his manga, with the open tombs of deceased Silver Saints.
- Saint Seiya Vol. 7
- Saint Seiya Vol. 13
- Saint Seiya Official Encyclopedia
- Saint Seiya Hades Chapter: Sanctuary OVA Episode 3
|Types||Bronze Saints • Silver Saints • Gold Saints • Steel Saints • Black Saints • Caraib Ghost Saints • Corona Saints • Pegasus Saints • Resurrected Saints • Saintias • Unknown Saints|