Gemini Abel (双子座（ジェミニ）のアベル, Jemini no Aberu) was the younger Gemini Gold Saint in the 18th century, being the guardian of the third temple in that era who decided to raise his hand against Athena. It is later revealed that Abel is his brother Gemini Cain's shadow, a manifestation of Cain's evil side and a phenomenon that the other has experienced since childhood.
Plot (Next Dimension)
When Andromeda Shun and Pegasus Tenma enter the House of Gemini, Shun feels a mysterious Cosmos. As they fail to leave the temple, instead winding up back at the entrance to see two versions of the temple, the two Saints split up with the idea that whomever comes out of the temple should go immediately to the next temple: The House of Cancer.
After Shun enters the House, he meets someone who seems to be the Saint of Gemini. The Andromeda Saint then explains that he is a Saint of Athena who will not cause problems in the Sanctuary, and that he merely wants to go to baby Athena. Passing by the Saint, Shun still fails to exit the temple and realizes that he has been facing an illusion all along.
In the other version of the Gemini temple, Tenma meets the Gemini Saint. Thinking that the other is an illusion, the Pegasus Saint tries to pass, only to be attacked by the Gemini Saint. Tenma then retaliates with his Pegasus Meteor Fist, with that countered by Another Dimension. Tenma's technique is not enough to oppose that of the Gold Saint, and he only manages to not be swept away by holding on to Shun's Andromeda Chain. However, even that is temporary, and Tenma starts to get swept away.
Coincidentally, Tenma is saved by Garuda Suikyo, who faces the Gemini while Shun and Tenma proceed through the Houses. After a brief exchange between the Gold and Silver Saint, Suikyo knocks Abel's helmet off, revealing his face.
Cain And Abel
After Abel commands Suikyo to bring him the head of Athena so he will give it to Hades for a high price, the Silver Saint rages and attacks Abel, only for his attack to be stopped easily. Abel then tries to retaliate with Another Dimension, until he is stopped by a voice that belongs to no one other than his twin brother, Gemini Cain.
Abel disappears to be replaced by Cain, who tells Suikyo that occasionally, Abel appears to do evil, but it is merely a shadow. The two converse for a while--until Cain disappears suddenly and Abel reappears again. The younger Gemini states that he will kill gods to achieve his goals. Suikyo wonders if that is the true magnitude of the Gemini Saint but attacks regardless, only to fail again and be struck by one of Abel's techniques. Cain once again appears, asking Abel what he did to Suikyo, and Abel responds that he used the Demon Imperial Fist, surprising Cain.
The elder Gemini then asks what Abel can do to kill Athena, to which Abel says that from the beginning, he has never noticed that Suikyo had ever intended to kill Athena, implying that he has directed Suikyo to do exactly that and infuriating Cain. The elder Gemini attacks Abel, but the supposed shadow merely tells Cain that he knows of the other's true feelings of evil and says that he will take Athena's life and Sanctuary and give it all to Cain. He then disappears, saying that he will look after everything.
Abel, being a Gold Saint of the 18th century, wields the Gemini Gold Cloth, which he earned along with Cain sometime before the start of the series. Like most Gold Cloth original forms, the golden armor covers most of the body. The wearer can use his Cosmo to control the Cloth and put up an illusion with it.
The Gemini Cloth also seems to emit two distinct Cosmo: One of light, and one of darkness. The design stays mostly consistent with the original series' design.
- Gemini Labyrinth: Abel is able to create illusions to fool his enemies, most notably the illusion of an endless corridor where they would run for hours without moving an inch forward in reality.
- Astral Projection: Gemini is able to remotely project his consciousness elsewhere, even to multiple locations simultaneously, and appear in full armor to face an opponent. When projected in this way, he has access to most, if not all, of his abilities.
- Another Dimension (アナザーディメンション, Anazā Dimenshon): Gemini can open a rift in space-time and send his target(s) to another dimension or, to be more specific, a kind of inter-dimensional passageway that's outside of any solid realities as we know them. He can then close off the space and trap those who were sucked into it in limbo to wander eternally between dimensions.
- Genrō Maō Ken (幻朧魔皇拳): Gemini punches towards his target and releases a beam of energy through his fist and into their forehead. This beam penetrates straight to the brain and puts the target under Gemini's control. The brainwashing effect wears off after the victim completes whatever mission Gemini gave them or, as in the case of Leo Aiolia, upon seeing somebody die in front of them.
- Galaxian Explosion (ギャラクシアンエクスプロージョン, Gyarakushian Ekusupurōjon): Gemini Saint's ultimate technique. Crossing his forearms in a X-shape with the palms of his hands open, he releases a power, which is equal to the explosion of several galaxies. In order to increase the destructive power, the form of the arms are placed above his head.
- Kishikaisei (起死回星): A technique that instantly heals the wounds of the opponents, stimulating the secret places of the body arranged in the stars of the constellations.
|Types||Bronze Saints • Silver Saints • Gold Saints • Steel Saints • Black Saints • Caraib Ghost Saints • Corona Saints • Pegasus Saints • Resurrected Saints • Saintias • Unknown Saints|